The Armadillo has the characteristics of our new All Around High Performance Shoe, the Agama, with some additional rental shoe features, like the toe cap, push buttons and size stamps. The 3D molded Toe Cap eliminates the seam where de-lamination can occur, while providing an extra layer or protection for durability. The sticky grey rubber also helps to prevent marks on climbing surfaces. The Armadillo is constructed with premium leather for the upper and the footbed which reduces the odor found in synthetic rental shoes.
The Phoenix made first flight when Mad Rock began in 2002, and now it’s back with modern upgrades fit for ambitious rock climbers. Its subtly downturned, slightly asymmetrical profile puts solid pressure on your big toe as you tiptoe through micro-footholds on vertical routes, and it holds its own when the climb gets steeper than that. The Phoenix is remarkably stiff for solid support, and Science Friction 3.0 rubber ensures traction on plastic as well as rock.
- A Mad Rock original designed for technical climbing
- Slight asymmetry ideal for vertical-to-steep routes and boulders
- Leather upper stretches for customized comfort
- Stiff midsole ensures solid support on microscopic edges
- Science Friction 3.0 rubber sole ensures traction
- Item #MRCZ102