The Black Diamond Impact Crash Pad is excellent whether you’re a beginner getting your first pad or you’re stocking up for some intense highballer you’ve been eying for a long time. Its polyester ripstop exterior is durable and can handle sliding down rocky crevasses without a tear, and Black Diamond added a PU coating for extra durability and water-resistant protection. Inside the pad, you get one layer of closed-cell PE foam that dissipates the force of your fall, and another layer of high-compression PU foam that keeps the pad sturdy and ready to catch you for many years.
The Impact also features shoulder straps and a waist belt to help you get to your problem with ease, and two handles help your buddies move the pad underneath you while you climb. Its hinge-style fold makes moving from boulder to boulder simple and quick, and the three-strap closure secures the folded pad in place so you can get from the car to the mountains without a hassle.
- Black Diamond crash pads for bouldering
- New suspension system with padded shoulder straps and waist belt
- Clean, three-strap closure with improved buckles
- PU-coated top and sides for abrasion- and water-resistance
- Two grab handles for moving around the landing